Warp Six V3.0 Feature List
Changes last made on: MON April 24 2017
- Door games
- Sysop and Co-sysop related
- Sysop Utilities
- It's now possible to run Warp6 online and have users Telnet in. Requires a Raspberry Pi running TCPser and custom cable.
- Added some intelligence to the logon procedure. More user friendly.
- Logon using name (as well as ID# like before)
- Added a GUEST account
- Allows equivalent of non-validated user with 20 minute time limit
- No longer need to delete users who decide not to call back again
- Logs the guest's name in the caller log
- Added auto detect support for PSE and ANSI at logon (you still have to design your own pages to display to the user...)
- Added additional pause at logon to allow for proper emulation detection and to receive Caller ID info between first and second ring.
- CID is only applicable if you have a CID device hooked to your BBS line with your modem
- Improved memory management using VAR type files
- Moved assignment of XA and FF variables to LOGON program to simplify future updates
- - Caused error #5 and hangup if you mailed to a user twice consecutively from the same post
- Created a forum queue
- User can ignore selected forums when using quickscan or continuous quickscan
- User can still enter all normally accessible forums in manual mode
- Queue functions with a 20 forum maximum. More than 20 OK but queue won't work.
- Sysop selectable alias flag for individual forums
- Display real name in selected forums on an alias system
- Sysop will have to manually enter user aliases on a real name system. (Default will be "NO ALIAS")
- User selectable screen clear between messages
- Send carbon copies to multiple users
- Optionally send mail to user ID# (speeds up reply function when replying to users with high ID numbers)
- Changed "validation date" to "first date" in user stats to allow a reset check for games and additional features
- Added a door game prefix to SYS.DATA
- Optional door game launcher included if you wish to run door games
Sysop and Co-sysop related
- Co-sysop security level added (SL-8)
- Can see locked files
- Has personal second password for security. Does NOT share sysop remote password.
- Allowed to enter and use sysop utilities
- REPORT TO SYSOP supports a multi-name list for users to select from
- Assign duties to your co-sysops and queries can go directly to them
- Added info to status block at top of sysop's screen when user is online
- Modified "waiting for logon" screen. Now indicates new and total mail waiting for sysop
- Added a means to enter the sysop utilities menu while a user is online. Great for instant validation when you have a CID device to verify phone number.
- Only works from MAIN prompt
- User sees nothing while you are working (the reverse of when a user enters private E-mail)
- Purge will ignore users with SL higher than you select (default is SL-2)
- Allows assignment of PERMANENT accounts regardless of account inactivity. Nice courtesy for visiting sysops.
- Added LOCATE function to find a user's ID#
- Search on alias
- Search on last name
- Search on last AND first name
- Search on ANY PART of last name
- Can copy user stats from one ID to another (seldom used and not recommended but nice if you need it)
- Moves ONLY user stats in the USER file.
- No other related info is affected
- E-mail not moved
- Scores in games not moved
- COPY UTILITY is modified and integrated
- Select files from a displayed list by number
- Works on batches of files
- Copies files as before
- Moves files (original is deleted)
- Deletes files
- Locks and unlocks files
- Prompts you if files to be deleted are locked
- Works from local keyboard or remote
- Rewrote sort routines and moved to sysop utilities from the utilities menu
- Uses a SHELL sort now instead of bubble sort. MUCH faster.
- User list is formatted to multiple columns
- Real names formatted to two columns
- Aliases formatted to four columns